From:
Don Kendrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:52:13 -0400
Thanks to all who replied. . as a result my friend called the vendor and
informed him of the problem.

The vendor is now sending the correct part in replacement for the wrong
part he shipped.

Wouldn't have know without all of your input. . . thanks.

dk

At 09:56 AM 6/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 01:47 AM 06/14/2000 Don Kendrew wrote:
>>
>>Thanks for your input. . . this makes me really think that the device that
>>I have been handed, is in fact, not a SUPERDISK . . . the ribbon connector
>>has only the 34 pins usually found on a floppy drive. . .
>

>Don:
>
>If it is a LS-120, there should be Laser Warnings on the label. Also, the
>ejection is motorized so the eject button is a "soft" (not mechanical)
switch.

>If the media slot is a bit taller than a 1.44MB diskette, I suspect you are
>looking at a tape drive, which can attach to a 34-wire floppy data
>connector (with its own "Y" ribbon cable) and may have a odd flywheel and
>mounting threads for a 5-1/4" bracket.
>
>HTH.
>
>John Chin
>
>                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>               articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html