From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:04:07 -0500
Hi,

It also requires that the memory that you are using be PC100 and not
PC-66.

The 8500TVG is a Biostar board and you can go to Biostar-usa.com or
Biostar.com.tw and look in their Archive or museum section for
documentation on the board if you don't have your original.

You may be able to find a Voltage Socket adapter that will be socket 7,
that would allow you to
use that chip in that board if the board can't set the voltages needed.
Those adapters were in the $35.00 range back when.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
-------------------------------
Hi

I thought I could do an upgrade of my PII 200MMX system that I bought as
a barebones in 98.  The mother board is an 8500TVG socket 7.  I bought
an AMD K6-2 500MHz socket 7 CPU and installed it. On boot I got what
sounded like 2 quick beebs then three evenly, longer spaced beebs.  Then
it rebooted over again.

Further investigation revealed that this CPU requires 100MHz Bus Speed
(5.0x multiplier and a core voltage of 2.0v.  Any thoughts on a AT MB to
get me out this mess? thanks Bob Zeoli

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml