From:
Dean Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:08:49 -0000
Sorry the response is late - but here goes.......

Kevin said
>On startup, the disk chruns for a good 2 minutes

My problem was that after using my system for a while, my 'floppy' would be
accessed (for no apparent reason) & if there was no disk in the drive, my
system would lock. If there was a disk in the drive, all was OK (although
nothing was actually loaded).
Re-installation would solve this for a while - but the same thing happened
several times.

In my case it turned out to be that it was simply an entry in my documents
menu, & clearing this cured the problem (far less traumatic than a
re-install).
This site helped a lot:
http://www.annoyances.org/win95/win95ann6.html#07

Hope the advice saves you a re-install.....