From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:16:50 -0700
I have a friend with an IBM desktop, 5 years old running XPpro sp2. About a month ago
he called because all that he could get on the screen was Microsoft's PURPLE FLOWER !!
Nothing else, no icons etc. I cleaned the drive with ERASER & re-installed XPpro sp2,
He says that all he does with the computer is play solitaire AND Yahoo e-mails. Well,
today he called me to say that the beast has done it AGAIN!!!! I checked it & post is okay,
then it goes to the flower. I tried it out, no icons, I could move the mouse arrow around, but
nothing to click on & if I right click, no response, even no properties!!! Has anyone had a similar experience?? It is very frustrating. Thank you for your help,  Al Smith