Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:56:00 -0800
I have DSL, and I am having a problem I've never had before in my several
years of
emailing online.  From what my ISP told me today, I'm wondering if other
people are having the same problem.  He says things are going wrong before
they hit their server, but no one else I know personally is having this
problem..

I do not get some of my emails for hours or even days.
(And, some of them are not coming in at all.  I can tell, because
I sell things on Ebay and always get confirmation emails when things are
listed and emails when things are sold.  But, I never got a confirmation
email on the last two items I've
listed, and some I should have received for sold
items.)  This is very disturbing when your little business is online and
email based.  My ISP admits it's their fault, but all they say is that their
"engineers" are working on it.  Today, he admitted that it had something to
do with SPAM filtering and said that was the part that was happening before
the emails got to their server.  (I don't get any SPAM, and I had the
feeling, since the missing emails are almost all from companies, that it had
something to do with filtering out SPAM.)

I don't know alot about how email works, but from what I've read, email
is routed to ones ISP by the internet itself and that part has nothing to do
with ones server.  So, I believe that the problem lies at the site of my
ISP.  To me, this shouldn't be all that difficult for their
"engineers" to figure out......not so hard it takes weeks, anyway.  This has
been going on for weeks.  I have just
ordered DSL from a different ISP, (MSN), and will cancel the old service
once the new one is installed.  So, I'm curious if any of you have any
better knowledge
about this than I do and might be able to explain how this could be
happening.  In all of
the last 10 years I've been emailing online, I have never had anything but
almost instantaneous receipt of emails.  (Have I just been lucky?)
Carol Hanson

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads