From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:14:16 -0500
From: Sanjiv N. Perera :Subject: [PCBUILD] Find Hard Disk Information Stored
Application

> G'day to all,
>
> To all that wrote to my problem (Find the Disk space file in Windows
95/98)
> "Thank You". But they all said how to find the "Hard Disk Space". But
> actually what I wanted was a "Actual  File"  that stores the "Hard Disk"
> information within "Windows 95/98" OS system.
>
> I'm doing a program in VB6 where I'm giving the user some information
about
> the PC that there are using. So to give the user some information about
> there are hard disk, I need to get to the file that Windows 95/98  stores
> this hard disk information.
>
> So, from some letters I learnt that  this information that I required,
was
> not stored in a file but in a "Application" in Win 95/98.
>
> So now I need to find out what this "Application" is, so that every time
my
> program runs on any PC that it will detect this Application  with the hard
> disk information and give it to the user through my program in VB6.
>
> So does some one know about this. Please if some can help me I'll
appreciate
> it very much.
>
> Thank again to all who answered me.
>
> Sanjiv

Sanjiv,

I know of two places that have hard disk information,  The "Device Manager"
(can be found by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting Properties
from the menu, then selecting "Device Manager" tab)and the other is the
"System Information" tool, found from the "Start => Programs => Accessories
=> System Tools => System Information.  Expand the "Components" then select
storage for information on all of the hard disks, floppy disk etc.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Mary Wolden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org