From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 02:09:03 -0500
From: Mike Bridges To: Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] HDD with no letter

> Bill Cohane wrote:> > > >
> > I would suggest that you boot from a Win98 Startup diskette
> > and run FDISK. Use this to create a partition on your new hard
> > drive.
>
>   I have added a second Western Digital drive for storage on other
> machines in the past and don't remember doing this but I gave it a
> shot.The only drive it would let me FDISK was C: which has my OS on it
> with all my files.I tried typing in the next available drive letter
> and also D: but got a bad parameter message.
>  Is there a way around this.
> Thank you,
> Mike Bridges

When you go into FDISK there should be an option to select another drive, I
believe it is option 5.  This is where you select your second drive to
FDISK.
Upon entering this option all of the hard drives in your computer should be
listed and it will ask which drive you wish to FDISK.

Mary Wolden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html