From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:19:53 -0500
I am copy/pasting a msg (with attachment) received by me with explanations:--

 From :  <[log in to unmask]>

  Hotmail has permanently blocked the following potentially unsafe attachment(s): text.txt.scr (0.03 MB) More Info...

msg:-I have attached your document

 Explanations:--

Bob Punch is a very good friend of mine and his e-mail ID is

itc.co.in is a very very reputable company in INDIA.

My amazement is " how could one come so close and just put "3d" in front of a very trusted e-mail id and send me a virus."!!! I have to trust hotmail and in any case i do not open attachments without scanning/or known /trusted sources

my question is if I copy /paste the whole thing (as I have done here for the list) and e-mail my friend by the " reply" feature will the real sender get any indication that I have tried to access his msg? (I am asking this question because of joseph marty's post "You gave them open season by clicking on unsubscribe" in response to header "Re: unwanted email") possibly this applies to "reply" too?

oh by the way the msg was actually in my "junk mail" folder and I had it put in my inbox after seeing the sender hurriedly, and, but for hot mail block would have opened the attachment!

TIA and happy holidays to all---Venkat

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads