From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:37:37 -0400
Carmen Strickland's post (clipped)

<<<<Got everything back up and running, but there is no sound,>>>>

on the face of it this appears to be a driver problem. have you got the speaker icon in the system tray (where you have the system time)?

without knowing whether you have on board audio or separate soundcard it will be difficult to give definitive suggestions but as a first step

click  start/control panel/sounds,speech and audio devices/sound and audio devices. in the resulting box make sure that "mute" is not checked in tab "volume" and then click on tab "audio" and see what is the audio device listed. if you are able to ascertain this then you can go the manufacturers site and download the drivers.

next right click my computer/leftclick properties/device manager and scroll down to "sounds,video and game controllers". expand the plus sign by clicking and see if there is any yellow color exclamation mark. if there then you need the drivers.

BTW I can see no combination which will give 353 MB RAM(this of course does not have any bearing on your sound problem) and does appear to be on low side for win xp. GO3131 appears to be some sort of re authentication for network
access???

<<< my help and support won't come up.>>>>

does this mean that nothing happens when you click and you do not get the "help and support center dialog box? if this is so i can only think of a faulty winxp installation but pl. wait for other list members views.

HTH and good luck-----Venkat