From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:58:59 -0400
Hey Phillip

I've been dual booting for years pre-windows. Right now I have a install
of Ubuntu/Win 98/XP

I have done it using 1 drive and partitioning them out and using
separate drives for each.

The easier way is using a drive for each install of course it's a little
more expensive but the least likely to give you problems.

But either way first as Russ said install XP FIRST!!

Make 2 partitions format the C: partition and install XP their. The
second leave un-formatted and let Ubuntu deal with it. Ubuntu these days
has no problems living nicely next to XP.

Have Fun!

Brad Feuerhelm

Greets!

  I am going to install win xp and ubuntu studio on a dual boot
machine but am not sure if I am correct in thinking I should install
windows first and set aside a partition for the linux. If so, when I
install the linux, will it re-format the partition I've set aside?
I don't recall off hand if xp formats the whole drive to NT or just
the windows partion.

 I'm pretty sure I've seen this covered before but since the list
changed around, I can't locate the archives.

Help with both of these problems would be greatly appreciated!

-Phil-

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>