From:
Gordon Totty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:13:30 -0500
My desktop and laptop are linked by a wireless network.  Both systems are running Vista Home Premium, and the network is managed by Network Magic.  The laptop, however, is running a 64-bit version of Vista.  Wired to the desktop are an HP LaserJet 5 (over 12 years old) and an HP Photosmart 7960.  I have been able to connect the LaserJet to the laptop rather easily, but cannot get the Photosmart to run.  I installed the latest driver from HP on the desktop but that hasn't helped.  Attempts to hook up the laptop return an error message that the desktop has the wrong driver installed. I am suspecting that the issue is the 64-bit nature of the laptop, yet the HP site indicated its driver would work with 64-bit systems, though they have another driver just for 64-bit setups.  Should I install both drivers on the desktop (if this is even possible)?  I also get a message that I need to tell the laptop where a printer *.INF file is on the desktop.  According to a Vista manual, it lies in a %System% directory that I can't even locate.  Any suggestions?

GTT

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads