From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:31:58 -0500
> What is AGP speed and how do you determine it?
>
> Running Win95B with a K6-2 333 on a Viking 3 (P5MVP3-AT) with
> latest BIOS flashed to version 105. Matrox G100 video card.
> System RAM: 1X128MB PC133 and 2X32MB PC100 DIMMs.
>
> I am upgrading the CPU on this system to a K6-2 500 (FSB changes
> from 95 to 100,  clock speed from 3.5 to 5, pretty straight
> forward). In the CMOS there is a setting for memory speed to be
> matched to the AGP or CPU. Currently it is set to AGP; does this
> mean it is running at 66 instead of 95?

     I am not familiar with your board, however there are several chipsets
out there for that class of CPU that will run the memory bus at a lower
speed than the CPU runs externally. This is too allow you to use slower
memory (which was cheaper at one point) but still keep your CPU chugging
alone at the higher FSB. My GUESS is that yes, setting it to AGP will run
your memory at 66MHz while setting it to CPU will in your case run the
memory at 100MHz. Since you have memory capable of running at 100MHz I would
recommend you make the change. TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml