From:
Brian Sanburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:49:43 -0500
It's unlikely that your PC would accept a separate video card.  Anyway, it
doesn't sound like a video issue (based on what you said about the HD light
and the floppy drive light).  You may need to get into your BIOS and check
the settings there.  The BIOS should probably be configured to boot first
from the floppy and then from the hard drive.  When first starting, is the
PC beeping at you at all?  This would give you some starting points for
resolution (not video, that is).  Have you been inside the PC recently?  It
could be that the drive cables have been switched or unplugged.

Brian

<<< you wrote... >>>

I have a compaq presario 7360, win98 that does not boot.when i turn it
on,nothing shows up on the sreen. no compaq logo, no ram count, no bios
info. I have tried other good monitors, and have made sure all the cables
are pluged into the motherboard. the hard drive spins but the light never
goes out.I do not see the flopy light go on as it would during the post.the
video is built into the motherboard. could i get a new video card and plug
it into a pci slot to see if is just the video on the motherboard or if it
is the motherboard?
---

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml