From:
Juliette Hendry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:49:57 +1100
Stephen, I have a HP Scanjet 3200C and am very pleased with it; a friend has
a budget priced Genius and it does a great job, too.

Everything else being equal, one thing to consider might be the accompanying
software.

My friend's Genius had TextBridge as part of the bundled software, which is
great for scanning text and placing it in your word processor so that you
can change or add to the text.

My scanner does not have any software with it for doing such OCR scanning.
It then cost me $180 Aussie dollars to buy TextBridge Pro.

Depending on what you want to use your scanner for, it may be a
consideration.

Juliette
Forbes NSW