From:
George Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2016 08:56:39 -0400
I have replaced the system board and still have some confusing problems.  The spurious shut down seems to be fixed, but I am still unable to power back on after shutdown without removing and replacing the battery.  There is a big "if", though.  If I press the power button within a couple of minutes, the laptop will power up.  I can also sleep it and have it come back on sometimes when I press the power button, but not moving the mouse. Hibernate is the same as power-off symptom.  I have tried different (new) battery and charger from Dell, but no difference.  Have also tried changing memory and leaving one slot open, but no joy.  The tests I have run are WD disc tools, the built-in ePSA (Pre system or start up analysis) that is in bios, memtest and PC doctor.  They all ran flawlessly so no problem, except there really is.  I'm quickly running out of ideas.  Anyone have any.  Thanks     George

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>