From:
Dan Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:20:54 -0400
I just purchased a new Epox EP-51MVP3E-M 100 MHz bus motherboard and am
using it with one PC100 128 MB Micron SDRAM DIMM (8ns).  The default for
SDRAM Bank Interleave in BIOS setup under Chipset Features is 2, out of
available options for 2, 4, or Disabled.  The PC will only boot with the
Disabled setting.  When I choose 2 (default) or 4 it POSTs (memory count is
successful) and comes to the info screen just before "Starting Windows 95",
fills in part of the screen (the primary HD section) along with a few random
extended ASCII characters and hangs.  CTRL-ALT-DEL is successful, so the
keyboard is still functional.

Does anyone know what the SDRAM Bank Interleave setting does? Am I missing
out on some performance feature by disabling it? Should I send back the
Micron memory for some other type that works with this setting?

Thanks,

Dan Dexter
mailto:[log in to unmask]