From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:16:50 -0800
Thank you for the feedback, Ron and Goran. I was almost decided to
purchase the Adaptec RAID controller when I discovered the SATA to IDE
adaptors. There are several made, but I can't seem to find a source for
the RocketHead 100 - it is included with the Highpoint RAID card, but
not separately. In any case, the cost of these adaptors may end up more
than the IDE RAID card! I am still looking for a source of adaptors.

I continued with this thread because it appears that the Serial ATA
(SATA) interface is in our future for hard drives. We will need new
cables (about $7 each), drives or adaptors for them, and new
controllers. I hope the performance is worth this trouble!

Stay tuned. Anybody have an input on this topic? I think it will be
worthwhile learning more. Perhaps I should write an article for
Freepctech on this topic. Each time I try to build a computer, it seems
that there is more to learn.

Peter
The NoSpin Group