Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:50:08 +1000
If I am correct, you cannot simply move NT disk to another PC without
re-install NT, unless the two PCs are identical. Whoever told you that "it
should be fine" is wrong, with win98 you can do it, win95 doesn't always, NT as
far as I know, the answer is NO. I didn't try this on Win2000 (I prefer to call
it NT5), so if win2000 can do this, that "local builder" might be right.

If you have backup, it's time to rebuild your system, if not, you may face that
your NT disk may not work even you put it back to original box (if you have a
updated emergency repair disk, you can save your harddisk in original box).

Good luck.

Jun Qian