From:
Thomas Harold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:10:47 -0400
Tony M. wrote:
> I've never had a Sharpie bleed...maybe someone else has?
>
> Tony Mayer

Me either (I think) and I have lots of disks marked by Sharpies.
There's one disk that I know of that looks like it might have gotten wet
and bled.  But that was just ink spreading across the surface.  Or maybe
I smudged it myself in the 5 seconds before it dries.

I always buy inkjet printable CDs and DVDs and often simply scrawl on
the face with a Sharpie.  The printable layer on the CDs should provide
a bit more protection for the data layer then a clear-top CD-R would.
(That's a bit of a guess.)  DVD+/-R are sturdier in that the data layer
is in the middle of the plastic sandwich rather then right underneath
the label (as with CD-R).  So there's less worry with DVD+/-R discs.

(Plus, I feel the build quality tends to be higher on the inkjet
printable media.)

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com