From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:37:29 EST
In a message dated 2/11/03 4:20:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> a friend of mine is trying to reinstall Windows 98 on his machine an Athlon
> XP1200 is all I know about it.
>  He gets to a certain point and an error message comes up saying that he
> needs the disk with the file
> ndis3 mapper version 2.0 which is on the disk that came with the machine.
>  The only disk that came with his machine is a motherboard disk and it has
> the file ndis2 on it.
>  This file has something to do with his ethernet card from what I can
> figure out.
>  What to do about this ?should he just format and start over?

Daryl,
I ran into a similar problem concerning the ndis file.  According to MS,
processors over 2ghz require a newer version of the ndis file.  If you boot
up without it you'll receive missing himem.sys and ndis errors.  It's covered
under their "Hot Fix" section.  MS was unable to send me one of their own
files, instead they went to some message board area and got the file and sent
it to me.  If that is the problem, email me separately and I'll send you a
copy of the ndis file I'm using with Win98se and 2.4ghz P4.

HTH,
Kevin Nowicki

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com