From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:15:29 EDT
I own a Asus CRW-5232AS-u external cd writer which is compatable with windows
98se, 2k and xp. I would like to connect it to a computer at work which uses
windows 98 4.10.2222a. Would the writer be compatible and if not, can I only
update the driver section of windows 98 or would it need to be a total upgrade?
I am hesitant to make major changes to the os because we use a dos based
hotel program which has, in the past, tended to crash when you sneeze! The program
was developed by a couple of local physisists who recently produced a windows
version, but being a small buisness having a couple of slow years, owner is
slow to be convinced of the need of the expence of upgrading. Basically need
the writer to back up audit reports, receipt history, etc. and we,re going
through a huge number of floppies which are slow to write.
Thanx,
Phillip Williams

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com