From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:43:14 -0500
There seem to be several issues here.
The question can be "taken" a couple of ways too.
You run the risk of loosing all your data, so I would proceed very carefully.

I have included a couple of links for you to start looking.
http://support.promise.com/trouble/PCI_pre.htm
You "seem" to NOT be using this as the boot drive.
If this is not correct, please DO NOT try any of the following, as it assumes
you are "adding" the 20G to a system running off of another Boot drive.
See this anyway for warnings about other "issues"...
http://support.promise.com/instruction/restoring_the_operating_with_sys_command.htm

Since the drives are already running under EZDrive, it would "seem" that
you would have to have EZDrive remove "its control of" the 20G drive.
(This is under the advanced options in the EZDrive program.)
I say that because NOT doing that would be the same as trying to run the drive
on the motherboard controllers with EZDrive "in control" of it AND trying to
run LBA on the same drive at the same time...  (Only one can be "in control of"
the drive.)
Be careful NOT to remove EZDrive control from the BOOT drive. It will still
require it IF you are talking about two separate physical hard drives and
are only moving one of them.

On the Promise WEB site, (and the other manufacturers say the same thing),
in several places they say that when a drive is "already" setup and running
(with or with-out EZDrive) and it is moved to the ULTRA100 controller, the
geometry and/or translation of the drive MAY not be "just right" and the drive
"may not" read properly unless it is Fdisked and formatted _while_connected
_to_ the ULTRA100 controller.
This, (of course), will destroy all the data on the drive.
A good back-up, (not an image), or being lucky is called for.

Many times, users move a drive from one type of controller to another with-out
running into these "incompatibilities", but it would be wise not to "count on"
having no trouble.
                     Good luck,  Rick Glazier
For safeties sake, keep all questions on the list.