From:
Frederick Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:49:37 +0800
Hi guys, I have some problems with my PC.  I bought a new motherboard for
P3 733 Mhz since the old one had problems with its keyboard port but the
other devices (i.e. processor, sound card, modem, video card, hard disk,
and cd drive) are still the same.  The new board has a new CMOS program and
UI compared to the old one and it could monitor the board's temperature as
well as the CPU.  My problem right now is that the PC will just hang up
intermittently, and on my next boot up, it would load up the CMOS program
and prompt me something like "Your last CPU boot up hanged due to some
problems with the CPU speed, you are now in safe mode and make sure your
CPU speed conforms with the one you specified".  I checked my CPU settings
it is already set to 733 speed, I don't know why is this happening right
now, wherein with my old board, this wasn't like this.  For sure if I'll go
to a computer shop they'd say that its a processor problem and I need to
buy one.  I'm quite disappointed since after they changed the board, they
told me to buy a new CPU fan since my old fan can't compensate the
processor's heat, which I had no choice but to buy.  I'm quite hesitant
right now because they might blame my other devices one by one which would
cause me to spend more little by little.  If they keep on saying that it's
with my old devices, why was it ok when the old board was installed?  I
hope I could get valuable advices from the list.  Thank you.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com