From:
tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:41:15 -0500
Hello,

I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem but am sending
to PC BUILD as I think it is hardware.  When I put in a music cd, store
bought or CDR, or a software cd, like Printmaster, the plug and play
will not kick in.  I have to go to RUN and select the drive and then
BROWSE to jump start the cd to play.

I installed a CDRW in the bay below the CD Rom drive 3 years ago and
have not had any problems until about November this year.  Only other
thing I have done is replaced the CD ROM dirve for a combination CD/DVD
drive.   I did that about 2 years ago.  I do not remember doing anything
different to these drives.  My slave and primary is set up correctly as
it all worked fine til November, just a few months ago.

I was burning cdrs, copying a cd, and using HP CDRW software to burn
them.  I did about 4 copies of that cd and did not use the CD ROM drive
again til Christmas time when I was attempting to play a  CD I had
received for Christmas.  I had to open up MUSIC MATCH and click on FILE
etc to play that CD.  And every CD I have played since then, this is how
I must use the drive.   Open up Music Match and select Play.

Today I used my Lens cleaner to clean the CD/DVD drive and I cleaned the
drive more then a dozen times and still did not HEAR the TEST music
after each cleaning.

I hope somebody has some ideas.

My system specs are

Home built computer