From:
Dave Lilleboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 02:49:08 -0500
i just upgraded my cpu on an ecs k7s5a motherboard. i should be registering 1.6 gigs, but i'm only showing 1.2. i put the latest bios upgrade in and flashed it and i'm still reading 1.2. i know i put in the right bios and i know i put it in right. i ran a diagnostic on my cpu and bios and at the end of it, it sayed i had some disabled host controllers and to check my bios settings. i checked out everything in dos and its all set up like it should be. it has to be something else. i've looked all over my user guide to see if i have a bios protection jumper, but i don't see any mention of one. does anyone out there have any idea what else my diagnostic program could be talking about when it says "disabled host controllers". i'm getting a headache trying to get on top of this one. i'd appreciate any help i can get. thanks, dave lilleboe

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com