From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:19:56 -0400
Jim:

The problem with cheap RAM is that it's quality is largely an unknown; it may
be well within the minimum operating specifications, but it may not, with the
result that sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. If it's right on
the ragged edge, any disturbance may cause it to fail. (I had an old AT that
would give parity errors everytime the air conditioner started up. Not good
in a warm climate.) Another factor is the BIOS, so that what works in one
computer may have problems on another. The downside, of course, is that
marginal RAM may work most of the time, but every so often it fails, and it
isn't always a simple matter to trace the problem to the source (note that
the title of this thread).

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 11:11 pm, you wrote:
> I run cheap ram and have no problems. I dont believe that xp has a problem.
> I believe that alot of people try to find reasons to rag on new os.
> Just a thought.
> Jim Hodges

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml