From:
Al Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:08:53 -0800
For anyone who followed this post back in July...

I believe I've found the reason for the lost partitions. I'm pretty sure I messed up the mbr by creating and
re-creating partitions on the 80GB drive WITHOUT rebooting between partition creation and deletion. It would seem a
silly mistake, but I recall doing the same thing on my own hdd without running into this problem(!?). One
suggestion was that I created and deleted partitions more than 5 times before rebooting, which I'm fairly sure I
did on the 80GB drive, but not on my drive. I wouldn't think there'd be any gray area here - either you reboot
after partitioning a drive or you don't - but my drive seems to have supported the latter. Does this make sense or
sound familiar to anyone?

Al Thompson