From:
Mike Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:41:33 EDT
Dear Rick,

The source of the OS system requiring Win98 SE or newer came from the
motherboard manfacture's advanced technical documentation.  They specifically
stated that a D1170-A Fujitsu-Siemens motherboard will not be stable using an
operting system that is not ACPI capable.  This can cause video problems in
the form of a blank screen.

My comments were in response a question reguarding no display on a Celeron
800 MHz processor based D-1170-A mb using a 810e chipset.  While I haven't
used this specific motherboard, others I have built with the 810e use 1 MB of
system RAM for booting video and this chipset is very pickey about type of
SDRAM it can fully access.

Regards,
Mike Scott

                     support at our newest website: