From:
Michael Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:44:37 GMT
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 20:46:27 -0800, you wrote:

Usually, the crash to reboot problem relates to the conflict in memory
address. However, in Windows 95 which is so that complex compared with
the DOS, in my experience, even the conflict between some system files
can cause this problem. Please think which software you have installed
right before the first time this reboot problem occurred? If you're
still suffering on it without any solution, the only way to solve is
go to re-install the Windows.

>A couple of days ago I posted a message about a computer that liked to
>reboot.  Well my initial reaction was that it was the power supply.  But
>following one of your instructions I downloaded the burnin program from the
>PCbuild site and I found that in DOS my machine works fine.  It was burning
>in for 7 hours without rebooting.  That was by far the longest I have ever
>run the machine without it rebooting.  So what could it be that Windows '95
>makes my machine reboot?  Is the problem Win '95?  Anyone come accross this
>problem before?  Is it the BIOS or the MOBO?  I would appreciate any
>suggestions and thank all that have helped me get this far.  Here are my
>system specs.
>
>PII 400 CPU
>FIC Vb601 MOBO
>Supermini tower case
>Seagate 4.3 GB HD
>128MB 100mhz SDRAM
>STB Velocity 128 8MB video Card
>Diamond 3D II 3D accelerator
>32x-speed cd
>actiontec 56K v.90 modem
>CL 128 PCI Sound card
>Win '95
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michi Imamura
>
>                                  -----
>         Bob Wright:[log in to unmask] - Drew Dunn:[log in to unmask]

Regards,
Michael

                                  -----