From:
David Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:05:11 -0700
On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 22:37, Diane Duncan wrote:
> At 05:39 PM 8/23/2004, David Richards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 19:28, Diane Duncan wrote:
> > > Hoping to connect my linux box to my lan, I installed a Linksys 10/100
> > > Ethernet card in a PCI slot on the Intel AL440LX motherboard.  No led
> > > lights illuminated to indicate power going to the card.
> > >
> > > Given that this is running only linux (Red Hat 7.1) and no Windows, I have
> > > no idea how to see anything.
> > >
> > > I tried another slot and got the same result.  I can't even fake I know
> > > what I'm doing here...
> > >
> > > Help?  :}
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Diane
> >

> >Try this site for help.   Great for linux newbies and gurus alike
> >
> >http://www.linuxquestions.org
>
> Looked here, but can't make sense out of what they're saying.
> <http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=52>
> This is the card I installed, but, like I said, no lights illuminate on the
> back of the card to tell me it's actually got power...even if I plug in the
> ethernet cord.  Isn't the card supposed to light up to indicate there's
> power going to it? -- not talking about the ethernet signal, but the actual
> electrical power.
>
> So, how do I make the connection?
>
> thanks,
> Diane

Register at linuxquestions.org and ask question in the appropriate
forum.  Very helpful and very very newbie friendly.  If you have another
box you can test the card on it would help.  I would say that the card
should light up.  But then, I also said that no one would buy bottled
water.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com