From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:33:31 -0700
Hi,
Pacific Bell has finally come of age in my Central Office here in Los
Angeles and DSL is now available. After weighing the cost of an ISP and a
second phone line, I am just about convinced to switch. Granted the set up
is not inexpensive.
My questions are:
1. Is the NIC card something special, or could I get a hub and connect to my
system that way? (system being Novell 4.11server and Win95SR2.1 WS.
2. Is the NIC PCI or ISA or either?
3. Does anyone have any feedback on reliability of service for their DSL,
and is it a worth while upgrade?
4. Any pointers as to what to look for in a provider? I don't believe that I
am limited to Pac Bell for this service.
A cable modem, well, cable for that matter is out of the question. That plus
I like the idea of increased security that DSL has over cable.
Thanks for any input on this subject.

Brad Loomis

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org