From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:19:15 -0800
This is really a question more in line with PCSOFT, but I will answer it
here since it got through the moderators. I don't know why Office 2k
clobbered you backup, but we have seen it do bad things to other software as
well:(

As a workaround, locate the backup EXE file and copy the UISERVE.DLL to the
same directory as the EXE. You will likely get a new error message which
points to another missing DLL that is likely in the same folder as the
UISERVE was. In this case, it would seem that the registry was damaged in
reference to some common file pointers such as the ...\backup\system entry.
Specifically how to fix it, I am not sure. When you re-installed the backup
software, did you first remove it?

Peter Shkabara
Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - Sonora, CA