From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:03:58 -0500
What I've done in the past is to put the Ghost image on, reboot, after it finishes its stuff, Rt-click My Computer, Properties, Hardware profiles, Copy the original profile to something else, save and reboot.  When Windows starts it will ask which profile to use.  Tell it neither and it will create a new on.  When All is done delete the first two and you _should_ be all set.  As always, YMMV.

Wayne Copeland         |  (651) 297-3391
State of Minnesota     |  (651) 296-5745 (fax)
390 North Robert St.   |  [log in to unmask]
Saint Paul, MN 55101   |
Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
 of my employer!

I seem to remember a way to force windows to recognize and reinstall all of it's hardware.  The situation is this.  I am ghosting a new machine, and the image file I had for that particular machine is corrupt.  I have an image for a different machine that has all the software I want.  All I need to do is force windows to reinstall all of the hardware.  I'm pretty sure this is possible as I read a tip on how to rectify this exact situation a couple months ago.  Unfortunately I cannot remember where.

P.S.  I must have this machine set up and functioning before I can leave today, and I have a flight leaving for Las Vegas at 10pm.  hehe no pressure.
Rob

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html