From:
"John F. Beaulieu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:30:21 -0400
Spyware/adware are tracking programs that usually get added to a system when
you download free software over the web.

There may be some stuff out there that does some actual spying, but the term
is usually used to refer to programs that monitor and note your every move
when online. But these type of programs do it more thoroughly and without
the anonymity that cookies do.

It doesn't make any difference how you the access the Net.

John Beaulieu