Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:30:25 +1200
Lynn, I read your post about the cases with interest, as I have strong views
on what constitutes a good case for me as a computer builder - simple
design, beefy power supply, good layout. front USB, light and cheap.

I followed your link out of interest only, as it's not practical for me to
buy stuff from the US, and I was amazed to find that the case you praise is
virtually the same as I use, but which comes from Taiwan to NZ under the
brandname 'iCute' (terrible name, only thing about the case I don't like, as
it's stamped into the side panels).

The front of the iCute cases varies with models, the one I use is slightly
plainer.

But yes, excellent case.  I couldn't see from the web pic, but the ICute
power supply has an air intake on the underside of the power supply, pretty
much alongside the CPU fan, which seems like it'll promote a good air flow
from front to back.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Lynn Tracy" Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Building a new computer in a old
Dell box?

> Hi Bob-
>
> Here's a couple of great cases for the money.  I personally have the
500SEL from Powmax which came with the 350wt. power supply.  I like it
because although it says "silver" in the description, it actually has a
beige front which means it color matches all standard drive fronts.  It
looks superb & is sturdy w/no sharp edges.  Plus, you might want to spring
for the side panel case mod w/LED side fan & window ($15).  The other I show
is simply a lot of case for the money.  Naturally, you'll want to check out
all the boxes there.  I've never seen better prices anywhere else.  If
you've never heard of the "compgeeks"- I'll bet you start doing lots of
business there soon!