From:
Paul Roeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 22:58:16 EDT
Hi all,

I've had this CDRW for a while and initially had it working.  I've
reformatted and now I can't seem to find the driver, much less install any
drivers I have found.  I used the search phrase "CDRW Memorex 4224 driver"
nd it led me to a site where I found what I thought was the appropriate
driver.  The file that I downloaded is named mmc2_244.  I attempt to unzip it
and it asks for a temporary folder.  No problem.  C:\Windows\Temp.  It unzips
all into the folder and runs the setup.exe.  No problem except that it wants
to install into the "CeQuadrat" folder in programs which doesn't exist.  Even
when I create the folder, it still indicates that it doesn't exist.
Something seems a little odd here.

More problems.  When I attempt to view the CDRW in device manager it is only
recognized as "Unknown Device".  This is a USB device and I'm reasonably
sure the USB drivers a correctly installed.

So, with the symptoms presented.....
Can someone lead me to the correct driver for the CDRW?
Would someone mind detailing the method for installing the device and driver
correctly?  (My apologies for this one but the manual indicates that the
device should appear with a new drive letter, but it doesn't)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all!

Regards,

Paul Roeth

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>