From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:53:54 -0400
I have two more thoughts:
1. Are you certain that all of the leads are powered? There are lots of
opportunities for a broken connection.
2. Some VA-503+ boards can use either AT or ATX power supplies. There is a
jumper that lets you chose between them. Have you verified that it is in the
correct position? It's located in the middle of the edge opposite the CPU
and labelled PWR. For either an ATX or AT supply with remote on/off, pins 2
and 3 should be jumpered; for a standard AT supply, pins 1 and 2 should be
jumpered. (Pin 1 is away from the Winbond chip).
Regards,
 -- Carroll Grigsby

CPU
> > fan turn on, so I think the power supply is functional.  Assuming that
> that
> > end of the problem is covered, I am left with having ruined the mboard.
> > Ideas, anyone?  Or do I resign myself to getting another mboard?

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions