From:
Michele Sayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:46:16 -0000
Hi, thanx for the advice, which is starting tomake a bit more sense now.
It was a second hand hard disk, and I really don't know what has been loaded
onto it in the past.
Regarding the partitions in FDISK,
 C: is using 40+% of the drive, and the other partition is using 50+%.
That would make sense, as wind98 is only recognising 3.89GB capacity on C:,
yet it is definately a 10GB hard disk.
I had tried to delete the partition using 50+% space, but as I said, it
stated it was a non-dos partition, and wouldn't delete it.
As it stands now, am I right in thinking that if I can delete this second
partition, I will have full use of the hard drive?
That's my aim, I only want to run win98 on the computer, nothing else.
I have been using the FDISK facility on the win98 start up disk.
How do I get this 'Toms Linux' disk?
I hope I will be able to download it free from the net or something like
that.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions, they are greatly appreciated,
as are all of the suggestions from everyone.
M.Sayer