From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:13:07 +0200
UP> I guess: CMYK: C=Cian, M=Magenta, Y=Yellow, K=?
UP> I guess: Negative Scheme : due to the fact that in printings the
UP>          background (i.e. no color) is white while in monitor the
UP>          background (i.e. no color) is black.

UP> Am I right?

 K - Black (to differentiate from Blue in RGB)

 You are right in guessing what I meant as 'negative', but the true
difference between CMYK and RGB is made with colors, not
background. CMYK (printing) uses colors to 'darken' the image - the
greater the intensity, the darker the color. Cheapest inkjets produce
'black' by mixing C,M,Y colors. This 'black' looks more of dark
gray, because the colors are not perfect; the 'true black' is used
instead in more expensive models.
 RGB colors are 'brighting'. The greater the intensity, the lighter
the color. The mixing of all three at max intensity produces white.

 This creates some problem for website and generally
computer graphics designers because the most bright, live and vibrant colors on the
screen are irreproducible in print.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]