Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:22:33 +0100
Hi, just to add to this, I had a similar problem on one or two occasions
where there was a few mb I just couldn't get hold of.
As I often use second hand hard drives, I never know which programs were
used to create some of these partitions, but I've found that as long as I
can partition and format enough space to load windows, I usually get by.
I downloaded a free program called 'DELPART.EXE' and used it from within
windows. So far, this has worked everytime. I'm not sure if it would work
for you, but as it's free, I think it's well worth a try. Fits on a floppy.
So far, it's worked every time for me, and deleted every partition I've ever
asked it to, leaving me with 100% of disk space, ready to move on to
whatever I want to do next.
I find it ideal for someone like me, as it's really easy to use, and there's
no 'technical' language, you can actually 'see' what you're doing.
Michele Sayer

Ian, have you tried formatting the unallocated space with Partition
Magic and then merge it with the nearest partition?

Alan Priol

Now, after formatting, the drive has one large partition but there's
also
8mb of 'unallocated space' on the drive.  Anyone know what the possible
ramifications of this result could be?

I should say that I reformatted it again, with no change.  I also fired
up
Partition Magic 8, thinking that it might be able to remove this
'unallocated space', but PM seems as much in the dark as I am.

Suggestions welcomed.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown