From:
Aung Kyaw Lwin Mr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:23:26 +0900
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>  $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$? (B:
> Aung Kyaw Lwin Mr <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Monitor     : 17 in XJ700T MAG
> > Yesterday i found in device manager monitor is unknown name.So i
> >click remove monitor and click restart.Monitor is no working and tower
> >power is automatically off.i formated HDD C and deattache the AGP card
> >but monitor is still no working.
> >  Please help me any advice .thanks in advance.
> >aung kyaw lwin Mr
> >

>   Hi,  I do not understand:
> >"and tower power is automatically off."
> Are any POWER lights on? (All I hope.)
> When you first had the problem, (and now), do you
> see ANY writing, characters, graphics, or anything else
> when you first cold start the machine; BIOS, setup, etc.,
> OR is the screen totally blank?
>   As for the original problem, an unknown monitor type
> is something Win95 gives you if you change monitors
> after it is installed, and it kind-of notices the old one is gone.
> If it works that way, it is just not using the features of the
> "new" monitor, because it doesn't know which specific drivers
> to use. Next time, installing a more advanced driver for your
> particular monotor seems (in hind sight) like a better idea.
> See the excellent reply from Jim Meagher for further instructions.
>         Rick Glazier
First cold start monitor display
   self test  b
   your monitor is working  g
   check the video cable and PC  r
 $B!! (BI push the tower on, i hear the movement for biose set up sound but monitor is still display
   self test  b
   your monitor is working  g
   check the video cable and PC
  about 45sec tower power is automatically off.i retry again and again but the same.so i put the booth disk in floppy drive A.i write FORMAT C: i saw HDD lamp orange color is on for a while then i writr Y for yes .The orange color is on about 4 minutes and hear the HDD rotating sound then i restart again but monitor is just displaying
   self test  b
   your monitor is working  g
   check the video cable and PC
 So i deattach agp card then power on.Then reattach agp card and power on.Nnothing is changing.
Please give me any advice.
     OS is window98 beta3 and it is in drive C 900MB,drive D is 2.2MB.
Thanks in advance.
aung kyaw lwin