From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:18:31 -0600
Depending on the motherboard, you may be able to upgrade to an AMD 500, but
that's it. If you have the original manual, it will tell you.

Byron Wolter

>Hi
>
>My kids have a AT mid tower sytle pentium 200 that I would like to upgrade
a little for them.  Are there any options available for this style case? I
am thinking I would need to replace the motherboard, ram, and processor.
>Thank you.

Hi Robert,

I've been looking into this also.  I found a neat thing offered every so
often on eBay called the "Renaissance" adapter.  It's made by the company
"Powerleap" (I have a different Powerleap 1.3Ghz Slot 1 adapter in my old
440BX PC).  This goes into an open PCI slot & basically takes over
everything from the original mobo.  It will bring you up to- their
suggestion- an AMD 450mhz CPU w/decent amount of SDRAM.  I can't promise
that there will be one there when you look but check back every once in a
while.  I think the set up I've described ran in the neighborhood of $80.
Here's one on the site now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3403036173&category=4615

Just an idea,
Lynn Tracy