From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:48:44 -0400
Hi,

Small USB drive boxes work fine.  I usually build my own.  Around $15-30
for the new enclosure and then add a drive.  New 20 gig notebook sized
drives are around $85.  The boxes are a good use for older smaller
drives that end up in the drawer.

Again they can be had is USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 formats.  The later being
the faster data transfer.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

I am considering getting a USB hard drive to transport data between
several computers. Two computers are rack mounted and have no CDROM or
even a floppy
- all I/O is via network. The USB drive seems like a good idea for
these, but I don't have any experience with such devices. What I am
considering in particular is a 30GB pocket drive called a Cooldisk that
I found on e-bay. Looks like a 2.5 inch hard drive in a small case. Any
feedback or recommendations would be appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml