Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:54:16 +1300
Orf - You should be able to manipulate the disk\partitions in XP's disk management console.  (I assume this is in place on XP Home)

Right click My Computer and select Manage. Find Disk Management in the left pane and open it.

See if that'll do what you want.  Incidentally, this is also the area is where you can format new drives.

Otherwise, you might have to do the operation in DOS.  Nothing to stop you booting into DOS on an XP machine with a W98 startup disk.

Only thing is, your 'plug-in' hard drive will need to be seen by the system in DOS - not sure how you'll arrange that.

But, if it's seen OK, you can run FDisk from a floppy and do what you need to there.  Then reboot and convert the drive to NTFS (if you want to - not obligatory) via Disk Management and set it up as you want.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand