From:
Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:54:23 -0600
I have had the same experience with a BE-6 II, that processor, and similar other
hardware, and the only way I managed to solve it is to not run the system at
133MHz.  The siren itself is an indication of overheating, overvoltage, etc, and
trigger levels can be set in the bios.  This merely stops the alarm, doesn't do
anything for the lockups.  the system currently runs at 500 MHz, because my
mother didn't care enough to let me do exhaustive troubleshooting.  I didn't find
the board to be stable at 133MHz FSB.

Glen Sagers