From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:55:30 +0000
John,

I had a similar problem with a Lenovo.  As Peter stated, you could see a dim image but it worked fine with an external monitor.  My tech group scrapped it, although a google search showed the model was known for this and parts were inexpensive and readily available.  My attitude is I try to fix most anything, it's already broken, is it worth $20 or so to try to fix it, if it's otherwise working ok for you?  I wouldn't spend significant dollars on labor.  Many components simply unplug/unsnap after removal of some screws..

Paul