From:
Jeff McConnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:21:16 -0600
There are a couple of ways to solve this:

1.  Install win2k with the 40gig drive on a 33 port.  Once it is up and
running, install the ATA66 drivers (once for each port), and then reboot.
Once everything looks ok in the device manager, you can move the drive to
the 66 port, and everything should be fine.  If you have multiple hard
drives (as you described), sometimes the boot.ini will have to be edited,
depending on your final drive arrangement.

2.  When installing Win2k, a screen comes up which will let you install scsi
drivers.  At this point you can insert the ATA66 controllers driver disk,
and it should install the drivers (actually, I think you might have to do it
twice, once for each 66 port).

The above is all based on what I have read in newsgroups and over at the
www.bp6.com message board. Personally, I am using the PCI slot that shares
an IRQ with the ATA66 ports, so I have disabled them to keep from having IRQ
conflicts. I'm sure I'll try it the next time I re-install.

Jeff McConnell