Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:29:36 EST
Hello?

I know I still get the PC Build Digest, but when I went to the site given in
the original faq to find out exactly how to put an acceptable query, I got an
http 404 site not found error.

This is the site I attempted to reach: http://nospin.com/pc/rules.html

In lieu of being able to read the rules, I thought I might put my question to
you and you could let me know regarding formatting?

I have an old PentiumI and am operating windows 98.  My modem is an HSP56
Audiomodem riser with a pctel driver made at the time my pc was assembled (1999).

I use AOL 5.0 because of space limitations on my current system.  Normally, I
have no problems logging into AOL, but today, I kept getting an 'AOL not able
to initialize your modem' and 'driver does not support your hardware' errors.
 It would go through the list of log on numbers one time, usually the second
number on the list will initialize fine, but for whatever reason still does
not connect.  When it gets back to the initial number used in the log on
attempt, the modem initializes and I can connect.

I checked my device properties and it says that the modem device is working
properly.  Is this a harbinger of my modem going bad?  Or is it just something
strange going on in AOL?

I've tried to find a new driver for my current modem, but it seems that I
have the most current driver, so I am not really sure what steps need to be taken
next.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank-you,

Terry (Theresa C. Collie)