From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:26:33 -0700
  Many modern video cards include 3D acceleration as one of their features.
This was not always the case -- for some time, one needed one video card for
ordinary Windows desktop an applications, and another to accelerate 3D
games.
  Odds are good that new laptops are including video with this capability,
but I don't know of an add-on for older laptops.

  Installing a driver from the OS pool of included drivers mostly happens
automatically when the OS detects the presence of the device hardware.  Some
devices cannot be detected under some conditions, and so as you've found
there is a way to manually install the supporting driver.  This shouldn't
cause problems (other than slightly slowing the boot process), but it also
won't accomplish anything if the hardware device is NEVER present.

David Gillett

On 24 Jul 2005 at 4:24, kunal kumar wrote:

Date sent:              Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:24:04 +0100
Send reply to:          PCBUILD - Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
From:                   kunal kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                [PCBUILD] Hardware Problem.
To:                     [log in to unmask]