From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:38:34 -0800
My new computer saga continues! I got it put together, but the new SATA
interface is not working. Here is what I have:
Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard - includes a Silicon Image Sil 3112A SATA
RAID controller
2 Western Digital D800 special edition (8MB buffer) hard drives
2 Iwill I2S Serial ATA to IDE interface adaptors

The controller on the motherboard says that there are no SATA devices
connected.

Apparently this is what I get for getting a bit ahead of the current
technology! I did not mean to - at first I did not know what SATA was;
then I assumed that SATA drives were already available. Any help from
some who may already have gone down this path would be most appreciated.
I saw a review where some SATA to IDE adaptors made by Soyo were used
for a performance test. Perhaps I should have purchased Soyo units, but
the Iwill adaptors are physically ever so much nicer a design.

Thanks for any help.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     support at our newest website: